For thriving workplaces with world-changing missions
What We Do
We help world-changing organizations create workplace cultures where their mission comes to life and everyone thrives.
We collaborate with leaders to align you with with your values and foster lasting transformation.
We support companies and organizations in reflecting the world they are working towards, not just on how they look and who they work with, but in how their people treat each other.
We develop strategies to align organizations’ values with impact and culture.
- Workplace Culture
- Organizational Assessment
- Change Management
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
- Organizational Design
- Senior Team Effectiveness
- Internal Communications Strategy Development
- Leadership Development
Who we work with
We support organizations in the private, public, and non-profit sectors that are focusing on the greater good.
Some of the clients we have served throughout our careers include:
- Akonadi Foundation
- Alameda County Library Foundation
- Balangara Films
- Baraona Fischer & Cia.
- Climate and Land Use Alliance – CLUA
- College Futures Foundation
- The CREO Syndicate – CREO (Clean, Renewable and Environmental Opportunities)
- Cornell University
- Evelyn & Walter Haas Jr. Fund
- Greening Australia
- Greenpeace International
- Hewlett Foundation
- Homeless Action Center – HAC
- Kao LLP
- Opportunity Collaboration
- Pacific School of Religion
- Public Policy Institute of California – PPIC
- Rockwood Leadership Institute
- Swift Foundation
- The Little School
- The Wilderness Society – Australia
- Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership (TRCP)
- Tides Foundation
- WE ACT
- Wikimedia Foundation
About our Founder
Maritza Schäfer, the founder and CEO of MASU Consulting, is a seasoned consultant, coach, and changemaker with global experience. A bilingual (Spanish) and multicultural communicator and strategist, she specializes in organizational culture. Her work focuses on supporting staff and leadership to find alignment in their visions for their workplace, and developing specific and actionable work plans to implement them. Centering human rights in all her work, issues of inclusion, diversity, and equity are embedded in her approach, and are foundational to organizational growth, transformation, and development.
Before devoting herself to helping organizations thrive, Maritza worked in the nonprofit sector on environmental issues, racial justice, women’s rights, economic equity, and transpersonal growth. As a recognized leader in the social justice sector, she brings her open and inclusive style to her consulting work, operating as a collaborative thought and accountability partner to her clients. Maritza has worked in all continents (except Antarctica) and holds a BFA in Film, Photography and Visual Arts and an MS in Communication from Cornell University.